Thursday, December 16, 2010

A productive yet frustrating day

Today has been long and hard. It has been long in the fact that I awoke early to begin making contact with the Embassy around 7:30 am. By 10:00 I was unable to get through and no e-mails were returned. I convinced the Orphanage directors to take me to the Embassy so I may plead with them directly. This worked and I now have a 7:30 am appointment tomorrow morning at the Embassy.

Now the frustrating part - I do not know how much of an "interview" it will actually be. Now it is being termed an "informal meet" to see what we need to do to proceed. I have no clue what to make of this. I have been at the orphanage from 3:00 - 10:00 pm tonight spending time with the kids.

It is at this time where I get especially Homesick though. While I enjoy spending time with my kids - it's not like they are really mine yet. Someone is always watching, eyeing you, judging you etc... I spend most my time imagining I am home with my girls, listening to Keira laugh, watching natalie smile. It makes it really hard being here alone.

Depending on how the Embassy goes tomorrow - I may just go a little crazy!!! Was this trip all for nothing? I guess I will find out tomorrow. Until then it is sweet dreams of my girls...

5 comments:

Melinda said...

I've been stalking your blog, waiting for news. Give us more updates! Glad you've got an "informal meet" tomorrow, at least, and I'm very happy that you're close to the kids and get to have time with them. Your being there now could make the transition much easier on them later. Now Keep Smiling! We're praying for you! Keep us informed so that we can be part of it! love you!

Karen said...

Like Melinda, I have been checking your blog time after time all morning. So glad you were able to wrangle an "informal meet" and hopefully this will lead to something positive very soon! Cheer up and enjoy the kids and we will all keep cheering for you and including your family in our prayers. Your persistence and tenacity will pay off in the end and you are paving the road for some wonderful times ahead. Love you and miss you.

Paul & Cassie said...

Whew!! Glad to know that I am not the only one that has the blog on speed dial lately!! I love what Melinda and Mom said. Baby steps. Spending time with those kids is a treasure and a blessing. Others will see your willingness to sacrifice and your desire to be a dad all the time. Like you said, everyone is watching you all the time---so put on the big smile--don't dance on any light poles--and keep us posted. You are in my prayers and on the prayer roll. I love you!!!

Natalie Evans said...

Trenton, we want you to know that your girls are dreamimg about you to. We wanted you to know that we are so very proud of you. We pray for you day and night. We love and miss you so much. Give those babies kisses and kisses from us. Love N and K

Denice said...

I am so sorry you are so frustrated but it is a good sign that they were willing to meet with you. I can't wait to hear how it went and what the next step is. Stay strong and love every second with those sweet babies. We all miss you very much!!