Saturday, December 18, 2010

A better day

Today was really rough this morning. I woke early and was really feeling sorry for myself. I had a good conversation with Natalie though. I got some extra sleep as I wasn't needed anywhere until about 3:30 this afternoon. This was a good thing. The directors of the Orphanage took me to a Christmas play - African style. It focused on the 3 wise men and how they spread through Africa reporting the birth of Christ. There were about 200 cast members and it was wonderful. We sang hymns such as Angels we have heard on high, and silent night. There were probably 500-600 people in the audience and it was pretty special. It really helped get my mind straight.

I took 2 firsts today in Africa - I rode a Boda Boda (Motorcycle taxi), and I ate Grasshoppers. Neither were as scary as I expected. The Grasshopper was actually pretty good. Very crunchy, kind of like a sunflower seed shell.

Thank you for all the comments and positive thoughts. They have helped. Loves to all.

6 comments:

Karen said...

We are so glad to hear that things are more cheerful. Don't envy you eating the grasshoppers though. Can't believe you tried them. Wish we could have been at the program. Sounds like that is what you needed right then. Thanks for keeping us updated and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Denice said...

A grasshopper?? Trent..is this really you..I don't believe MY brother Trent would ever even consider eating a grasshopper. This must be an imposter....

Love the picture..can't wait to kiss those kissy cheeks. I am so happy that the program lifted your spirits and I can't wait to hear more about it. Love you mucho!

Natalie Evans said...

Trent, Thank you for being you! I love you!

Unknown said...

Hey Trent!

Keep fighting the good fight. At all times trust in the LORD, for He has great plans for you. "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."

You have a lot of family and friends pulling for you. We all wish we could be there with you. If you need anything, just call me and we can talk. Love you my brother!

Paul & Cassie said...

I am so glad you had a better day. And thank you for the pictures. You are in my prayers and we have the whole primary here praying for you too. You are wonderful and amazing. You and Natalie are such a blessing to our family and to so many others. Hug the babies for us. Chin up. "THERE'S NO CRYING IN AFRICA!!" Not quite the same as Tom Hanks would have said it, but you get the sentiment. I love you!!

Melinda said...

What an adorable photo! And grasshoppers--no way! I hope to see you soon! Let us know how things go on Monday! Love you bro.