Sunday, December 19, 2010

Father Christmas


Sunday - Today we celebrated Christmas at the Orphanage. We had a big party with family and friends of the Orphanage. The house mothers decorated the whole yard with balloons and toys for the kids to play with. They had a Christmas Tree in the corner surrounded with Ball Pit style balls the kids loved throwing around. They found a cheap play slide and swing secondhand at the market as well. Auntie Sylvia brought bubbles for all the kids. Andrew loved having the bubbles fly in his face as he would try to pop them. He looked the happiest I have ever seen him.
We played musical chairs with the adults.I won of course! and I took out 2 chairs along the way. Plastic chairs are not good for musical chairs! The children played next- Cutie Faith won! (With some help of one of the house mothers).
Father Christmas then rode in on a Boda Boda. The kids were so excited. Natalie and I had bought each of the kids a small gift for Christmas so we had the orphanage wrap them up and give them to the children. Each of the boys got a small car and the girls got their own dollies. Father Christmas even had a gift for me - 2 mugs shaped like a Giraffe and a Zebra. After dinner I gave everyone some American Candy we brought in. They absolutely loved it! The saltwater taffy was their favorite! It was a good night.
Monday - Today is judgement day. I meet with the Embassy in about 7 hours. Today I find out if my children are coming home with me or not. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Karen said...

So wonderful!! Natalie just called with the deliriously happy news!! Our prayers have been answered and I can't stop crying because I am so happy. We will see all of you very, very soon. Can't begin to express my relief and joy. Love you so, so, so much. Thank you for doing this!! Your faith and persistence have paid off. xoxo

Denice said...

I have some bubble shopping to do...love and miss you!

codymegan said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm thrilled for tomorrow!!!!