Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Another journey - Another Problem

Could this adoption get any crazier??? Detroit was 10 degrees when we landed yesterday. Next plane all set to take off when they can't get the cargo doors to shut because they are frozen!!! 3 hours later we are finally on our way to Amsterdam on a new plane. The problem is I have now missed my connecting flight and can't get another one until tomorrow!!!

I am now stuck at an Amsterdam hotel for the next 18 hours! I have e-mailed the Embassy and they will see what they can do once I do finally arrive. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

So sorry about all of the frustration and confusion. There must be a reason for all of this but I still feel that things will work out as they should and you and Natalie will finally be able to gather your children together to start on a wonderful new journey as a family at last. Love you and please let us know if we can help in any way at all!!!

Unknown said...

Oh the joy of winter travel. This too shall pass. Good luck with those babies.

Denice said...

So frustrating! I hope and pray the embassy will be able to make an acception and have your meeting Thursday if needed. Everything will work out..keep your head held high and know how excited those two babies will be to see their daddy! Love you!!

Melinda said...

I wish I were there with you! I'd keep you distracted by helping you see Amsterdam. Keep smiling! Think of Nehemiah: "Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength....
And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them." I know this travel and process is hard for you, but it's also a holy time of great blessings, and you deserve to celebrate it, even with all the bumps along the way. xoxo Love you, bro.

Paul & Cassie said...

Ohhhhh--I want to ditto what Melinda said --well done, sis.
Trent, hang in there. Keep the faith and keep the smile. You are in my prayers. This will be a great story to tell your kids one day! We love you!!!