Friday, December 17, 2010

Homesick as Homesick can be...

Amazing the things I take for granted. What I would give to be laying in my bed next to Natalie right now; to hear Keira running around the house and doing her art projects. It is so sad and lonely being in a place you really don't know, trusting people you barely know, being threatened by people you don't know, and loving people you will get to know.

I went to the Embassy this morning (after waiting 1 1/2 hours for my ride to show up). I was told to come in Monday afternoon for the formal interview. If things go well, Visas will be ready on Wednesday. Good thing right! Not quite - I am scheduled to leave Tuesday night and there is no way I am missing Christmas with my family. I love Faith and T very much but it is different. I will not miss Christmas. Not knowing until Monday doesn't even allow time for flights to be adjusted. If they are able to get Visas done on Tuesday, that would be great. If not - I will fly home and return with Natalie in January to bring the kids home.

We knew it was a long shot just coming out. The fact I missed Wednesday really hurt any chance of getting the kids home for Christmas. Atleast now we will know exactly when the Visas are ready and will, have no problems when we return. I am content with this.

I know not what Gods plan is, but I know that he loves me - and that is enough. Money is Money - we will make more. I am tired of stressing, and crying, and doubting, and getting frustrated, and being apart from family.

My life will change, Andrew will need ALOT of help. He doesn't communicate, or even crawl. It will be a tough transition. Natalie and I are ready for the next stage in our lives to begin. If that doesn't happen until January - it is for a reason.

Please give loves to my girls. Then hug them again for me. Keira has a school performance this evening and I am so sad I will be missing it. Loves to all. T

8 comments:

Melinda said...

I love my brother! Good luck, and keep your strength up. Thank you for updating us! We keep praying for you. Wish I could be there to watch K dance! (Now you know why I keep begging for video.) xoxo

Natalie Evans said...

Trent we love you so much. We are so sorry that things are so sad for you. Keira told me that she misses her Daddy oh so much. She said when you comes home you can put her video of her singing on the t.v and watch it everyday. She said that she was going to do so good that you would say, "oh my gosh." She wanted me to tell you that you can say gosh. We love and miss you!

Paul & Cassie said...

I wish that I could be there with you to support you and make you smile. What you are doing is a wonderful thing. If they CAN get the visa's done on Tuesday--will you be able to get a seat on the plane for the kids? I think that either way, you going over there has been a good thing. You have shown how serious you are about bringing these children home to their family. If you have to go back in January, things will be ready. I know that when you get Andrew home he will start making progress in his communication and motor skills. He will be trying like crazy to keep up with K. Kids absorb so much from other children--you will be amazed. K may be the very best therapy for that little guy. Love, support, caring and understanding go a long way. You three will be filling a void in these kids lives and you will see them bloom. I am so proud of you and Natalie. You didn't take the easy way out--if there is such a thing--you followed your hearts and I know that you will be blessed for it. I love you all very much and wish more than anything that I could be there to help in some way. You are in my prayers--all of you--as well as every person you have contact with. Be safe. Be strong. Be faithful. I LOVE YOU!!

Unknown said...

Love you Trent. You are a good man. Hang in there and see you soon

Denice said...

I am so sorry you are so homesick and I know Natalie and K are also missing you like crazy! I will be crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, etc. for Monday and Tuesday..in hopes that things will work out and you can all THREE make it home for Christmas. I love you very much..you amaze me every day. Keep smiling...lots of loves are coming your way from here.

Karen said...

We miss you so much and know how badly you wanted to see Keira's school program. She had good family support, though. Besides Katie and Gloria, there were also Ray, Denice, Eisley, Michelle and myself there to watch her, and the program was adorable. We laughed so hard and loved every minute. Natalie taped it and Ray got lots of pictures for you to see. Don't give up now, and we will be eager to hear how things go on Monday. We love you very much. Wish I could be there to use some of my well-known "mother bear" methods. Just remember that soon all of this waiting and stressing will be over and a thing of the past. There are lots and lots of good days ahead. See you soon. Take care.

codymegan said...

I love you, Trent!! This is the most I can write because my kids are arguing....must go interfere.

Karen said...

Dear Trent I am so sorry that you are feeling so down at this time, but believe me you can over come the feelings of home sickness just by being with these adorable little kids. The Lord will bless you and he will give you the strength that you need to be successful. On mom's desk she has a "Living by the scriptures" message- 2 Timothy 1;7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." Remember your Priesthood and the power that God has given to us. Bless baby T and Faith that they will be strong and heathy and they will love you and Natalie and K forever, just like we will.Love you and hang in there. Our prayers are with you every day and hour.LOVE YA DAD ps.I will have Denice tape the BYU bowl game today so we can share it when you get home with the babies.