Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Everything is Falling into Place


After living in hotels for the past 3 weeks, everything is starting to fall into place.

Prior to leaving Utah, with no guarantee of a proper living situation or guarantee of when work would start producing a steady income, I reflected back on some of the hardest times in my life.  I realized that times would get the hardest when I was negative. I made it a goal to remain positive (albeit pessimistic), and NOT get frustrated when things didn't go as planned.

I have made a concerted effort to "put on my big boy pants" and get out of my comfort zone.  To smile and say hello to everyone we pass and is looking back at us. To set an example for our kids to follow. We are going to be asked questions - we already have. Our religious choices are different, our family is different, we talk different etc… The way Natalie and I react and respond is how our children will learn to respond as well.  

I am amazed at how much our children have adapted our mannerisms. I noticed before but this life change has given me the opportunity to spend SO much time with them.  

Keira - Keira is AMAZING! Her intellect on the gospel and humanitarian concern is LIGHT years ahead of mine.  The other day we unknowingly drove through a rougher part of Alabama looking for a flea market. It was unreal and embarrassing. People are living in filth, houses are little more than rubble, and the majority of businesses are Gentleman clubs.  My first thought was "Get out of here". Keiras 1st thought was "How come nobody helps these people? Why don't the rich people share their money so these kids can have nice things?" That was a difficult conversation. 

Andrew - Andrew is a FUN kid. He and Keira have become quite good friends. She said the other day "I'm jealous of Andrews future wife." How Come? "Because he is just so fun ALL the time!" He really is. He is so proud to be at all day school. Everyday we hear how much he loves school and the friends he is making.

Faith - Faith is devastated without her Brother and Sister all day. She sulks for about 1-2 hours after they leave for school in the morning.  She so badly wants to be at school with them. I have grown a special bond with Faith. She is my little Daddy's girl.  She loves putting on my hat, sunglasses, playing football and being sure to get my attention.

Everything really does happen at the time it is suppose to. I know that is hard but every hard challenge I have gone through was for a reason. I have no reason to ever doubt Gods plan for my family. I have enjoyed being able to spend so much time with my family before our lives get turned upside down. We have been blessed with so many individuals that have helped make this happen. 

It appears we will finally have our house. We are set to close on Friday. We will paint over the weekend and our stuff arrives Monday. Just in time because it appears like we will be taking over the 3 Subway stores the following week. 

Like I said before - everything is starting to fall into place!