Saturday, October 23, 2010

An update a day

We are going to do a small update everyday. In these updates we will list one thing we are grateful for (and miss from America) and one thing we have learned. Keira doesn't count on this list - she is always missed DEARLY!!!

Today we spent all day at the orphanage. There was a birthday party for one of the mothers and the kids had such a fun time singing, dancing and eating birthday cake.

One thing we are Grateful for: One for each day we have been here thus far (3 each):
Natalie: Washing Machines, Electricity that stays on, Clean Running Water
Trent: Ice Cubes, Subway Sandwiches, Broadband Internet.

Things we learned today:
Natalie: Cockroaches have wings (and can use them!!!)
Trent: How to make T laugh hysterically (See photo above)

7 comments:

Paul & Cassie said...

Oh my gosh!! I am so in love with these kids already!!! You are constantly on my mind and in my prayers. If K were there, it would be complete. Can't wait for you to all come home. We love you!!

Melinda said...

That photo is so darling! It's great to see you looking so happy. Love you and think of you lots! xo

Karen said...

You have no idea how much I wish I could be there participating in the fun and being with the adorable children! I absolutely love the smiles on your faces - cannot express how much we enjoy your photos and messages. Love and miss you!

Deborah said...

I love the photo!! And I agree with Natalie...I'll take clean water over a subway sandwich. :) So, today has been my day with K...at the moment, we are snuggled up in my bed watching The Land Before Time. She is freshly washed after spending over an HOUR in my bathtub. According to her, my tub is "the coolest bathtub in the world...and her tub is lame." Seriously, those were her words.

We got her some fun toys at the Aquarium today. She insisted that we get 2 toys because when baby brother and sister come back, they will each need toys to play with. Of course, I couldn't say no to that! She is missing you both but we're doing our best to be sure she's feeling loved and special while you're away. Oh, and she LOVED her storybook pillow...we read the story tonight and now she is sleeping on it.

Love you all!!!

codymegan said...

Thank you for sharing this adorable photo. It's crazy to see photos of T with you in them now!! Keira came to Senya's birthday party today and I made sure to have a special little cup of sorbet for Keira. Thank you so much for Senny's present. Keira told me you picked out the clothes and the bag was from her.

Keiras King said...

Thank you all so much for your comments! You have no idea how much we are dying for information updates back home. We are so glad to hear about K and having a good time. You guys are all the best!

Denice said...

LOVE the picture Trent..makes me cry! I love the smiles on your faces and look forward to your updates too! It is cold and rainy here..Keira kept saying "brrr" yesterday. Love and miss you guys!!!