Sunday, October 24, 2010

Food - Ugandan Style!!!


A very nice and relaxing day today. We stayed in our lodge until about 2:00 and then went to the Zoo. There were not alot of animals but it was very open with very little fencing. Luckily the Lions were tired!!! The Crocodiles were very hungry though and we got to watch them feed. It was awesome!!!
We then went to the beach and enjoyed a lively atmosphere. When they asked if we would like a whole fish - We didn't know they meant a WHOLE FISH. It was extremely tasty though. I am very proud of Natalie for stepping out of her zone.
Tomorrow is court - Hopefully. Be sure to keep checking our pictures on Picasa as we update them daily. Love to all and please send us e-mails or messages about back home. We are very Homesick.
Things we learned today:
Trent - Natalie can suck it up when she has to, (See picture above)
Natalie - What it is like to be in the minority
Things we are grateful for:
Trent - Soda that is bigger than 10 ounces and doesn't need a bottle opener.
Natalie - Paved Roads

4 comments:

Denice said...

Yum...I can't believe Natalie ate that! I am waiting for Deb to bring Keira home from her sleepover and then we will try to call. So glad you guys had a good day! Love and miss you lots!!

Paul & Cassie said...

I am very impressed that Natalie ate that. I am not so sure that I would have! Sorry you found out about the flying roaches that way. On Guam they would actually fly at you and land in your hair--I hate those things!! I will be crossing my fingers for your court tomorrow. Give the kids hugs and kisses for us.Love you guys!!

codymegan said...

I wish I could have tried the fish. That sounds tasty!! Love and miss you both lots.

Deborah said...

Way to go, Nat!! I had SO much fun with K this weekend. She was so well-behaved and everywhere we went, everyone just raved about how cute she is. She was very proud to tell people that her parents are in Africa.

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you guys. Love you!