Saturday, June 20, 2009

T's Room - its finally finished!

The finished product! It only took about 35-40 hours but we are finally finished with baby T's room. I strongly suggest NEVER working with Granite Paint! it easily took 25 hours (and 4 gallons of paint) with the vaulted ceilings. The wall is an African Safari mural similar to the one we had for Keira's old "hundred-acre wood forest." We painted the trim a blue to extend the colors of the mural throughout the room. The doors are a cloudy gray and we left the ciling yellow. The pictures and baskets in the cove above were actually the ones in the master bedroom we bought with the house. They were perfect for this room! We aren't going to put the bed/crib together until we know how old/big baby T will be. Click on the picture for a better look.





5 comments:

codymegan said...

This looks awesome! I love what you did and I'm sorry that it took so long. I'm excited to see the pictures of T in the room!

Denice said...

This turned out SO amazing! I love the mural!! Sorry it took so long too but I'm glad it was so worth it and you are happy with the end product! I can't wait to meet the little boy that will call this home. :)

Deborah said...

T is going to LOVE his room. I can't wait for him to see it!! You guys are awesome parents and I hope you both know how much I admire your skills. Love you...Love the room...Love Miss K and baby T.

Tamera said...

It is such a darling room - I loved seeing it in person and touching the texture on the walls. We're very excited for your family expansion. Good luck with the home study. Can't wait to see T enjoying his room.

Karen said...

All we need now to make this room just perfect is the darling little boy to call it "mine!" LOVE the way the room looks! The finished product was certainly worth all of the blood, sweat and tears!